Effective on: August 1, 2020
In order to provide our products, services and websites and for the other purposes set out in Use of Information below, we collect and process personal data from our customers and other users of our websites, products and services. We may collect information from you or your device such as, but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, email address, user IDs and passwords, billing and transaction information, credit card or other financial information, contact preferences, employment information, professional credentials, board membership and licensing information, device information (such as device IP address, geolocation data, identifiers associated with your devices, types of devices you use to connect to our website, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, language preferences, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, and dates and times of visits to our website), and similar information provided (“Personal Data“). You are not required to provide us with all of the Personal Data listed above, but if you do not do so, we may not be able to effectively provide you with our products, services and information.
From time to time and as permitted by applicable law(s), we may collect Personal Data about you and update any existing Personal Data that we currently hold from other third-party sources, including publicly available data sources, publicly available social networking sites such as LinkedIn, your employer or university/school, or data brokers such as Acxiom.
See “Use of Information” section below for details regarding the ways that we use and process your personal data.
Your Personal Data may be used in the following ways:
• To provide our products and services to you
• To enhance and improve our products and services, for example, by performing internal research, analyzing user trends and measuring demographics and interests
• To process payments from you
• To process payments to you (including, but not limited to, refunds or reimbursements)
• Internal purposes, such as website and system administration or internal audits and reviews
• To provide access to restricted parts of our websites
• To communicate with you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you
• To respond to your requests and inquiries
• To serve relevant advertisements to you when you visit our websites or other third-party websites (including social media platforms)
• To request your participation in surveys, focus groups, or other initiatives which help us to gather information used to develop and enhance our products and services
• To comply with applicable law(s) (for example, to comply with a search warrant, subpoena or court order) or to carry out professional ethics/conduct investigations
• From time to time we may provide statistics about the usage levels of our websites and other related information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will not include information which will allow you to be identified
• We may use the information you provide to us and which we obtain from other sources to better understand your interests so we can try to predict what other products, services and information you might be most interested in.
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties from time to time under the following circumstances:
• Hosting providers for the secure storage and transmission of your data
• Identity management providers for authentication purposes
• Database software providers for the management and tracking of your data
• Legal and compliance consultants, such as external counsel, external auditors, or tax consultants
• Advertising partners, including social media providers, for the delivery of targeted advertisements
• Marketing providers who send communications on our behalf regarding our products and services
• Payment solution providers for the secure processing of payments you provide to us
• Technology providers who assist in the development and management of our web properties
• Fulfillment and postal vendors for the fulfillment of our products and services
• Survey and research providers who perform studies on our behalf
• Third-party analytics services on our website, such as Google Analytics which may collect information directly from you through our website. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
To learn how to opt out of interest-based advertising, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices, http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, and http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/. To learn more about your ability to manage your preferences related to cookies, please consult the privacy features within your browser.
How to manage your preferences related to targeted advertising
Our website is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
We strive to provide you with relevant and useful information related to our products and services. However, any promotional emails that we send will include a link at the bottom of the email to unsubscribe. Additionally, you can contact us using the information listed at the bottom of this policy to make changes to your communication preferences.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Our website is designed for a general audience. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13.
You are encouraged to report any improvements, suggestions, or any suspected breaches of privacy or security to us by using the contact information listed below.
1345 Avenue of the Americas, 27th Floor
New York, NY 10036